Saturday, October 11, 2008

A long post.....

I have so many things to update you all on, but first I need to ask for prayers.

First things first, please pray for Jacobe Paul Tanton. He was born Thursday, October 9. He's had many struggles since then and is now in the NICU. I'm not going into all the details at this moment, but this family is so very important to me. You can see pictures of their family HERE when we got to meet up with them at the Dallas Aquarium.

Please keep them in your prayers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second, before I forget, Kairi has done several cute things recently that I wanted to record before I forgot about them.

~Without being asked, she's throwing her banana peels away every morning!
~She shares with brother EVERYTHING. If it's something that she's not supposed to share with him, then I have to just not allow her to have it.
~Yesterday she started finally connecting the word "name" with people/animals! She has always had a hard time understanding what the word "name" meant. That is a purely developmental task, which explains why it took her longer than others her age since she was premature. So it's exciting to see it click! :D
~Kairi now counts on a regular basis! She is fairly accurate when she does as well!

I know that there's others, but I can't remember off the top of my head.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris had another medical appt recently. He officially does not have asthma. We don't know what specifically IS wrong, but as of yesterday, it's not asthma. He's having a ct scan soon. Hopefully we'll have more info after that.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex has gone 2 weeks in a row without an ear infection!!! HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY! (Said like Kairi -- hooooo ray :D )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Alex's first birthday present arrived recently! We were blessed with two more BG diapers! Thank you Nana and Papa!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chris has been taking Kairi on special trips "sopping". They go together to run whatever errands Chris has to run. She's such a happy person after having shopping time with Daddy. Every time she ends up w/ a special treat. Once it was a mouse pad. Another time it was gummy Life Savers. And today it was a Barbie Doodle Pro sketch pad! She is IN LOVE with the thing! She was so excited about it, that she laid down in the middle of the sidewalk to play with it some more before coming inside. LOL ... Silly girl!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Chuch peez!" Kairi ran up to me Thursday night screaming that she wanted to go to church. "Chuch peez! Chuch peez! Mommy peez! Go chuch now!" We had missed church the night before, and she obviously missed it so much that it was bothering her. She bawled when I told her that no one was at church that night.

I don't think that we'll be missing church again for a very long time....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And whenever I get this video finally compiled, I'll post it. So look for Part II!

No comments: