Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And Many More to Come...

Today I saw a doctor.

It's been coming for a while. I'm aching all over. Some days I ache so badly that it's hard to move. Holding the kids can make me want to cry. Doing dishes KILLS my hands. My feet constantly hurt, especially my toes. I'm in enough pain that I'm grinding my teeth, grinding my teeth causes migraines, migraines cause me to throw up .. and on it goes. My hips hurt and make it difficult to stand up sometimes. Sleep is near impossible b/c I can't find a good position that I don't hurt in. That makes it hard to function the next day.

I finally got all my paperwork in and saw a doctor, finally. And the result? I need more tests and another appointment. Fun, huh? She wants to see all my previous records (that'll be fun to go through ... lol), wants a complete family history, and is concerned that I may have liver or kidney damage due to the number of times I've been on anti-inflammatories.


So in the next couple of weeks I will:
~fast and have blood drawn for millions of tests
~have a chest xray as well as an xray of several of my joints
~have a full checkup, including a pap smear (blech)


That's where we stand as of today, not much more information.

2 comments:

marineof2 said...

:( I had no idea you were having issues Steph! I will be praying for you, that they find out why you are hurting and that they can find answers to help you feel better! ((((hugs)))))

Steph said...

Thanks Joyce. I haven't talked much about it, but yeah, it hurts. I have blood drawn tomorrow and another appt on the 24th. So I guess we go from there.