Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Boy Just Can't Get a Break

Alex has had a cold for over a week now. He's been snotty, and grumpy, and sleepless. At first I thought it was related to his shots, but within 2 days I realized that it was a sickness that we were all getting. The rest of us feel crummy as well, but it's not been as bad for us as it was for him. The worst part was that he couldn't breathe at night, so he wasn't sleeping. I have his mattress elevated on one end at all times because he's obviously prone to this. I can not begin to count the number of times he woke up and just couldn't go back to sleep. It's been a long couple of weeks.

Then it happened, he had a full night of sleep! HURRAY! That was Monday night. Last night it happened again! TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW -- I'M IN HEAVEN!!! He still had a snotty nose, but it wasn't as bad so I was satisfied that he was getting better.

But this morning he woke up in a terrible mood. Very unlike him. Even with double ear infections he's in a good mood 90% of the time. I got him a cracker and cup of juice and set down to check my email when it happened. He vomited. EVERYWHERE. I got him cleaned up, my newly steam cleaned floor mopped up, and calmed him down. That's when I noticed it. He was burning up. Temped him and yup, he's running a fever. *sigh* My poor baby. Will he ever be NOT sick?

1 comment:

Kris said...

Aww.. I hope he gets better soon!