Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year

But maybe not quite in that order.

Christmas went well at our house, as you know. New Years Day has come and gone and we enjoyed ourselves. Well, everyone besides Alex and I enjoyed the day. New Years Eve Alex started screaming non-stop. He would then spit up, burp, fart, scream, spit up, burp, fart, and on and on. He also kept aspirating the spit up before it came out of his mouth. That would cause for junky breathing, which scares the crap out of me. Mama and I traded off every couple of hours on who was holding him. He'd sleep for about 15 minutes and then wake up screaming. And the cycle would start all over again. This lasted that entire night, and the next day. Last night I finally got enough rice cereal in him that he stopped spitting up and slept. He slept all night long! He didn't want to eat until 8am!!! So Mommy finally got some MUCH needed rest.

Today is Chris's birthday. I can't imagine what it must be like to spend your birthday all alone in the middle of the ocean. I hope that today was a good day for him. If you get a chance, email him w/ birthday thoughts. Even if they're late, I'm sure that they would be appreciated.

I also wanted to share a few pictures from the past couple of days.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

marineof2 said...

Steph I LOVE that pic of her passed out in the highchair! It must have been exhausting to eat so much, lol!