Thursday, December 27, 2007

25 Years

On January 14, 2008, my parents will have been married for 25 years. They've been through a lot in those years, and I can attest to the fact that it hasn't always been easy for them, but they made it! To celebrate, my dad and I have been planning a surprise vow renewal for my mom. He proposed to her (on the radio!) last Friday. :) We spent today looking for dresses for the wedding! Here's what we found:

My mother's wedding dress:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The dress is too small, but the alterations lady promised that it'd be easy to fix! :D It was a great price and a beautiful dress on her. This is really exciting b/c she wasn't able to wear a real wedding dress, or even a white dress, when she got married the first time.

Here's the dress I'm going to wear. Please excuse the black socks, bra showing, static-y hair and how large I am. I did just have a baby, and am excited to be down to this size! I think that I will look much better in it once I have a decent bra and heels.
Photobucket
Photobucket


Kairi's dress was a 2T!!! It's the only blue dress we found, and it's gorgeous!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had quite an adventure as Kairi should have been laying down for a nap about the time we finally got out the door. In order to keep her happy, we allowed her to push Alex around in the stroller.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What Alex thought of Kairi pushing him:
Photobucket

Alex finally calmed down, but only once he was in my arms.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And by the time we left, Kairi was sound asleep.
Photobucket



We still have a lot to do over the next couple of weeks, so I may not be able to blog regularly. But I'll continue to post about the upcoming wedding! :D

No comments: