Thursday, February 4, 2010

When they arrest me, this is my insanity defense....

6 Brand New Bottles of Finger Paint
Photobucket

What a "pretty" mess. It's even on the wood of the table. Of the $1200 dining room table.
Photobucket

The culprit tried to use a towel to clean up.
Photobucket

Obviously, the towel didn't work.
Photobucket

The bottles are empty....
Photobucket

Meet the culprit, trying to look innocent.
Photobucket

Didn't she do a fabulous job on her arms and legs?
Photobucket

I bet that those shirt stains come right out ..... yeah.
Photobucket

It splattered on the walls.
Photobucket

Oh yay ... It's on my carpet too.
Photobucket

Yup ... on the carpet and walls.
Photobucket

This would be a beautiful handprint, had it been on CONSTRUCTION PAPER.
Photobucket

Yeah, she's nothing if not thorough.
Photobucket




This does not include the dining room chair, couch, wool coat, or front door.


All I wanted was 10 minutes to finish blow-drying my hair while she watched tv. This is what it got me.

4 comments:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

And the moral of the story is ...

good for you, you took pictures for a wonderful future family story (when you can laugh again).

Steph said...

Thanks....

I try to take pictures of every "adventure" my kids take me on, no matter how upset or frustrated I am as I know that 1) it gives me time to calm down before dealing with them, and 2) the pictures are better story tellers than I am.

And I learned from this adventure that if I want to blow dry my hair while a child is awake, to put a gate in front of the stairs so that the kids are trapped b/w my bedroom and theirs. There will be no more art surprises when I get downstairs from now on. lol

Marlyn said...

What kind of paint??? There is hope!

Steph said...

Marlyn, it's washable kids' finger paint. I'm sure that it'll come out w/ some super scrubbing, but I haven't had the energy (read pain tolerance) to be on the ground scrubbing that hard for very long. I may end up hiring someone from my church to clean it up for me.