Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year of Change

As this past year ends and the new one begins, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on all the changes that we experienced this last year.

For instance, this is the first year of my marriage that I have gone an entire year NOT pregnant! That, ladies and gentlemen, is a miracle. Ok, so it also probably has something to do with my having a tubal ligation done at the same time as my last c-section, but either way, it's been a nice change.

My husband has been home for most of the last 6 months! That's been a big change.

And we've moved from Texas back to Florida, where everything we knew had changed as well! The city is growing. And our church's dynamics changed -- more younger couples and many of them new parents!

Kairi has gone from a toddler to a very vocal 2 1/2 year old.

Alex has gone from being a tiny newborn to a full-fledged walking toddler! (Now, if we could just get him to talk on a regular basis.)

My marriage has changed as well. For the better I believe. We are taking the time to put each other first and spend time together just the two of us.

I have read a few books this year! That's a change from the last.



There are seriously so many other changes that I can't even begin to list them all. And overall, I think that they have been for the better. This year hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it. So as I enter the next year, I'm going to cling to the promise that God has been reminding me of this entire year "Just trust me. I'm taking care of you." I'm going to remember the good that's been done in my family. And I'm going to enjoy having a figurative fresh start to rededicate my energies towards taking care of my family and myself.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Those are a lot of changes. This year has been full of em for us to... and as odd as it sounds, I'm looking forward to more next year lol.